This week, we started #chozunaday – celebrating a day from around the world, everyday.
Celebrated: Caribbean Cuba Day
Date: 8 December
The day the formal opening of diplomatic relations between Caribbean Community and Cuba. Since Dec 8 2002, Cuba has increased grants and scholarships to other Caribbean countries.
How chozun途赞 celebrated: Salsa & Cha Cha dancing
Travel tips for Cuba:
1. Stash some cash. Cuba is pretty much a 100% cash economy.
2. Forget the net – Cuba is one of the most poorly connected countries in the world.
3. Stick to buses and taxis – the train network sucks.
Celebrated: Great Smog of London lifted in 1952
Date: 9 December
London was thrown into dangerous chaos by the Great Smog of 1952. This killer fog triggered by a mix of air pollution, cold weather and windless conditions, lasted five days! The layer of smog dispersed on 9 December, where conditions then improved.
How chozun途赞 celebrated: By asking everyone what a ‘Geezer’ meant
Travel tips for London:
1. We all know the weather is temperamental there – pack an umbrella, sunscreen, raincoat, sandals, t-shirt, woollen jumper & be prepared to use them all in one day.
2. Get around on the Tube – it’s super accessible. With two mins at each stop, & 4 mins in between stops – you can plan your journey length easily.
3. One word you should know: “Geezer” – in reference to, a person, in general.
Until next week… keep celebrating.
Hard evidence of how chozun celebrated can be found here.